Mount Vernon Environmental Policy
Mount Vernon Mills, Inc. (including its subsidiaries) recognizes and believes in the importance of safekeeping our natural resources and protecting our environment. It is the responsibility of Mount Vernon, our employees, our communities, our suppliers and our customers to prevent the pollution of the air, land and water and to conserve these resources. In furtherance of these objectives, Mount Vernon has been and remains committed to the following actions:
- Minimizing by-products and discarded items from our operations that cannot be recycled or re-used.
- Working with our supply chain partners to design, make, sell and use products and packaging that can be recycled or re-used.
- Encouraging our suppliers to substitute less harmful chemicals and materials in their products where practical and feasible.
- Supporting local programs that increase awareness in our communities of actions that individuals can take to protect the environment.
- Looking for ways to better ensure that our operations do not contribute to pollution of the air, land or water, or otherwise adversely impact the environment.
- Working with local, state and federal officials to develop and implement effective solutions to environmental issues.
- Otherwise promoting sustainability and eco-excellence in our products, our operations, and our communities.